Thursday, September 25, 2008

Whining Little Brit #1

I'm English, I complain. It's in my nature. So here is the first in an occasional series of things that are wrong with LA (and possibly the whole of the USA).

Don't worry - I've had a decent cup of tea. That's not on the list.

Number 1 - Electricity

It might be scary stuff that can make your flesh turn crispy black and your sparks shoot out of your eyeballs, but so long as you keep it in designated cabling and storage devices it's fine; it won't hurt you.

120v is not enough. Even on holiday I have things to do. Waiting 30 minutes for the toast to cook is not a good use of time.

I thought everything was supposed to be bigger and better over here. I guess not.

I can see why tea and crumpets are seen as such a British thing. For us it's a whim; a snack prepared in minutes. Over here you'd need to take a day's holiday.

No comments: