Thursday, September 25, 2008

I <3 USA #1

In contrast to Whining Little Brit, here be commentaries about the truly awesome that I have encountered.

To clarify things though, as I'm going around looking at a lot of tourist attractions and things that are intended to impress, they won't get a look in in these sections. And they'll get coverage elsewhere.

OK, number 1

Rite Aid

Encountered my first one today. Needed a few bits and pieces relating to the heat and its consequences. No need to say any more than that...

So I had gathered from the name that it was a pharmacy, and had everything I wanted. But oh so much more.

The very concept of drugs and booze in the same store just blows me away. Now as a child I never indulged in the practice of mixing alcohol and cough mixture, but here's an easy way to do it.

Rite Aid, I salute you.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I forgot that you can buy booze in regular stores in California. Here in Washington, we have state-run liquor stores for hard booze. You can only buy beer and wine in the regular stores.

Suebe said...

You can't buy booze in NY at other than liquor stores, but they're all private. Not state run.

I always love when I'm in NJ and I can buy wine in the supermarket.

Loved doing that in Cal-Ee-Fornia too.

Mmmmm.charodonnay! Matanzas Creek.

Unknown said...

Not being able to buy booze in supermarkets seems very strange to me.

Just par for the course really.

I know you did Ireland recently Suebe, but you should come to the UK. I think you'd love the alcohol related aspects of our society.

Not that I'm saying that... Ah, best to stop digging there, I reckon.